The Plot

The Plot

Tuesday 2 September 2014

Lhanbryde show results 2014

Saturday 30th August brought Lhanbryde Flower Show.  Over the last 6 years this show has been a fairly happy hunting ground for me. I was fairly apprehensive this year as some of my produce was not up to scratch, in particular I had been having a problem with my stump carrots and my potatoes.  On Friday evening I pulled the carrot below from my last stump bed. These are Sweet Candle and were sown on 2/5/2014. I they are probably the best set I have ever pulled and I only pulled 4 to get these 3. They were 10.5 inches long and 7 inches round the crown. So this set me up nicely fro my collection as I also had 4 nice Maxine. The show went very well for me with a total of 11 firsts and 1 second out of 12 entries.  I also managed to win the trophy for "Onions from Set" and Won the best exhibit with my collection in the premier section. very happy with the result. Below are a selection of my entries.
 
 
 First with my tattie board, Maxine, Harmony, Blue Belle & Bute.
 First with my under 250 gms onions " Globo"
 First with "Show Perfection"
 First with my Collection
 First with onion from set " Hercules"
 The board with the "Premier Section" Trophy.

No comments:

Post a Comment