The Plot

The Plot

Thursday 22 November 2012

NVS Scottish Branch Seminar

On Saturday I attended the Scottish Branch of the NVS annual seminar at Penicuik.  This is my second seminar and it was a very well run and informative day.  Not only did I meet up with a number for fellow grower but also caught up with friends from through out Scotland and  England it was great.  The main veg speakers were Dave Metcalf (Mr Pendle Improved) himself and Eric Craik (on growing a collection) Both men were very informative and if I manage to remember a 10th of what they told us I'll be doing well.  Mr Barbour of JBA seed potatoes gave a great talk on the challenges of the commercial potato grower.

I also met a couple of very nice ladies who are thinking of taking up growing veg for showing and as I said to them on Saturday go for it and by joining the NVS and the members forum there is a wealth of knowledge which is given freely by some top growers, which no doubt helped me greatly this season.

It was great to see Neil Muirhead, Helen Vincent and my fellow islander Niall Currie along with a number of fellow members/growers from further North than me.

No comments:

Post a Comment