The Plot

The Plot

Sunday 6 January 2013

First Post of 2013

We have had some reasonably dry weather up here in Morayshire over the pasr week or so with the temp getting up to 12 degrees outside.  I also took delivery of two lots of leeks taken up to me by my good friend Neil Muirhead.  One lot from Helen Vincent and One lot from Alistair Gray.  The first photo shows them the day  I got them 28th Dec.  The leeks from HV ranged in length from 18 to 22 inch with AG leeks younger and ranging from 12 to 13 inches.    



This is a photo taken today of the new leeks now they have settled in.  HV leeks are now ranging from 20 to 24 inches to the flag leaf, with the AG leeks ranging from 13 to 16 inches.  The Dave Metcalfe leeks are between 12 & 14 inches with the Leeks I started myself roughly 9 inches.


I have 20 odd Red Barron onions potted into 2 inch pots and only 6 Globo, I have sown another 40 cells of Globe hoping they will germinate well. I also got some onions from Neil Currie from Bute the other day and have potted them on.

This all means that I've very little room and I'm waiting for my new light to come, hopefully Wednesday  this week. Which will mean I can then move plants around a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment